General Information: Douglas County PUD offers Student Trainee positions to college bound or currently enrolled college students during the summer break months. Work start and end dates can accommodate student availability and vary depending on college schedules. These positions provide work experience in a professional environment. The positions are full time (40 hours per week) and students are hired to help in a variety of departments within the PUD.
Work locations may be available in Bridgeport, East Wenatchee, Wells Dam, or Wells & Methow Fish Hatcheries.
Potential Student Positions for the 2020 summer are:
- Bridgeport office – Administration/Accounting
- East Wenatchee – Engineering, Distribution Operations
- Wells Dam – Engineering (mechanical and electrical) and administration
- Methow Fish Hatchery – Natural Resource/Fisheries
- Wells Fish Hatchery – Natural Resource/Fisheries
Successful applicants must have:
- Satisfactorily completed a high school education or equivalent
- Professional work attitude, ability and ethic
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and develop solutions for problems as they occur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical capability to work in various environments associated with work departments
- A valid Washington State driver license and proof of acceptable driving record
All successful candidates are required to complete a criminal history background screening and a post offer, pre-employment drug screening.
*Resumes will be considered as we receive them and as student positions become available.
Instructions for filling out the Resume Cover Sheet linked below:
- Download pdf and save it to your computer
- Complete the form by typing in your responses (tab is a helpful way to move through your document)
- Save your changes and attach the completed form to your email