Note: Review of resumes will be ongoing. Final deadline for 2021 Summer Student Trainee positions is May 31, 2021.
Douglas County PUD offers Student Trainee positions to college students during the summer break months. Work start and end dates can accommodate student availability and vary depending on college schedules. These positions provide work experience in a professional environment. The positions are full time (40 hours per week) and students are hired to help in a variety of departments within the PUD.
Departments hiring for 2021:
Human Resources (East Wenatchee Headquarters) 1 position:
Opportunity for a future or current business student to gain on the job work experience. Assist with the restructuring of filing system to comply with record-keeping requirement and assist with the migration of data in the HRIS/Payroll system. Provide general human resources support and work on special projects. Great opportunity to learn about HR systems and workforce fundamentals.
Wells Dam (Azwell, WA) 1 position:
Gain experience in inventory management. Work with storekeepers to organize and document spare parts, creating a spreadsheets with detailed information and conducting necessary research to identify parts. Conduct ongoing inventory management by creating barcodes, running count cycling reports, taking inventory, and making adjustments in the inventory management system.
Wells Hatchery (Azwell, WA) 1 position:
For students interested in fisheries, biology, or natural resources, this is an opportunity work hands-on in with our production and restoration programs. Job duties include feeding fish, cleaning ponds, spawning adult fish, and routine hatchery maintenance. Great opportunity to learn how a hatchery functions, and general fish husbandry.
Successful applicants must have:
- Satisfactorily completed a high school education or equivalent
- Professional work attitude, ability and ethic
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a variety of settings
- Ability work independently and develop solutions for problems as they occur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical capability to work in various environments associated with work departments
- A valid Washington State driver license and proof of acceptable driving record
- All successful candidates are required to complete a criminal history background screening and a post offer, pre-employment screening that is consistent with federal law regarding marijuana.
Please include the following information in your cover letter:
- What college you will be attending in the fall or currently attend and your major;
- Which department you are interested in and why and;
- The reasons you are interested in working for Douglas County PUD.