AUDITORIUM USE AGREEMENT
Douglas PUD requires adherence to the following regulations for use of the auditorium:
- The Auditorium shall be made available for public meetings with the following exceptions:
- Organizations with membership limitations.
- Commercial meetings other than promotion of efficient power usage and conservation.
- Fund raising meetings or functions for which admission is charged.
- Organizations of a purely social, religious or political nature.
- No charge shall be made for use of the auditorium.
- Reservations shall be made only after receipt of this signed application. Bookings will
normally not be accepted more than 30 days in advance. To avoid parking problems,
attendees of public meetings scheduled to take place during regular working hours, which are
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, will need to park in the upper south parking
lot that is not directly adjacent to the building where parking is reserved for District
- The auditortum has a maximum occupancy capacity of 185. The addition of tables and
chairs or substantial rearrangement of the usual seating arrangement is not permitted. Return
tables and chairs to the original configuration.
- No decorations, posters or material'of any kind shall be tacked, pasted or fastened to the
walls or woodwork.
- Water is permitted. Food and drink are not permitted in the auditorium.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time inside the building or within 25 feet of the auditorium
- The undersigned user of facilities of Public Utility District No. 1 of Douglas County,
Washington, agrees, in consideration of the free use of a portion of the District premises to
hold the District, its agents and employees harmless on account of any cost, liability or
expense arising out of any claims of any person or persons whatsoever, by reason of the use
or misuse of the District premises, including hallways and parking areas; the undersigned
further agrees to indemnify the District against any penalty, damage, charge, settlement or
judgment incurred or imposed by reason of any violation of law, ordinance or standard by the
undersigned, its employees, agents or assigns. It is further agreed that the undersigned will
indemnify the District against any costs, damage or expense arising out of the death of or
injury to any person or persons using the premises utilized by the undersigned, including but
not limited to, costs of suit and legal fees.
- Access to the auditorium will be made available without issuing keys. The south main
entrance on the lower level of the building will be used. The east main entrance will not be
used. The person in charge of the group will contact the Dispatcher at the entrance door
upon arrival. The doors will then remain open until the group is finished. The District uses
surveillance cameras to monitor parking lots and building hallways. If any civil disruption
should occur on District property as a result of any meeting in its auditorium, it is the policy
of the District to call civil authorities to address the matter.
- Your complete cooperation is expected in maintaining the auditorium and its furnishings.
Children must be supervised at all times. When finished using the facilities, the District’s
Dispatcher will be notified using the call box at the building entrance. The person in charge
will insure that the facilities have been vacated prior to notifying dispatch.
- Any changes or exceptions to rules 1-10 must have the approval of the General Manager.
The District reserves the right to cancel any organization’s meeting if it conflicts with District
Use of the auditorium will be denied to any group which does not adhere to these rules.