Move In / Move Out Request
Upgrade my Service
Add an Area Light
Make a Payment
The Distribution Engineering department will determine what is required to provide service to your project. Fees will be calculated based on the project type.
All fees must be paid in advance of construction.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ELECTRICIAN OR CONTRACTOR THAT THE DISTRICT IS NOT ALLOWING:
- MILBANK MODEL # U4518-O-W, SERIES U-200, TYPE 3R ENCLOSURE, SINGLE PHASE, THREE WIRE METER BASES
Electric Service Connection Guides
To sign up for a Douglas PUD account for a service with an existing connection, please contact Customer Accounting at 509-884-7191.
- Secondary Service – Service to a new home on a lot that already has a Douglas County PUD transformer or handhole. This applies to services that are less than 150′ from an existing transformer (typically subdivision or city lots.)
- Primary Service – Service to an empty parcel/lot and/or extending a transformer to within 150′ of proposed meter location. This includes installing a permanent branch, addition, continuation or replacement of the District’s existing electric distribution system required to serve a proposed customer load.
- Temporary Service – Service during the construction of a single-family residential house, commercial building, job trailer or multi-family structure. These services are limited to 12 months unless construction is actively and continuously in progress.
- Altered Service – Change the location of or upgrade an existing metered service
- Underground Conversion – Convert service from overhead to underground
- Three Phase Service – Three phase service to a commercial or industrial project. Typical available voltages are 120/208V or 277/480V
- Subdivision Developers Guide
Still need help determining your service needs? Please see some examples here.
If you have questions, please call us at 509-884-7191.
The following items are required to get your project energized.
As soon as possible:
- Service Description Form or Service Description Form for Large Commercial & Developments
- Detailed map or sketch of property/project
- Engineering fee (if applicable)
Before construction of your project can begin:
- Line extension and/or service connection fees
- Easements and permits
Required applications and inspections prior to service being energized:
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries Electrical Inspection
- Douglas County PUD field inspection