Douglas PUD strives to provide reliable electric service. Unfortunately, sometimes there are power outages for a variety of reasons. We respond to outages immediately.
If the lights do go out, please follow these steps:
- First check the breakers in your electric panel. If they are still in the on position, check to see if your neighbor’s lights are on to determine if you are the only one out of power.
- Please be aware, large outages can create a high volume of calls. At these times, we may not be able to answer all the incoming calls and they will be routed to a recording system designed to collect useful information. We appreciate the information you provide as well as your patience while working with this automated system.
- Call the PUD office at 884-7191 (East Wenatchee) 686-4501 (Bridgeport) or 1-800-503-7990 (County Wide).
- Check our website or Follow @DouglasPUD on Twitter for outage updates.
- Turn off or unplug your electronic equipment for its protection.
- Turn off the breaker to your water heater until the power is on to reduce the initial load when power is restored.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed to keep food cold.
- ALWAYS stay away from downed lines.
- We appreciate your patience as we work to restore service.