HEADQUARTERS: Wells Dam
JOB STATUS: Student
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing resume review through May 15, 2023 or until filled
JOB NUMBER: 2304
Douglas County PUD offers Student Trainee positions to postsecondary students during the summer break months. Work start and end dates can accommodate student availability and vary depending on school schedules. These positions provide work experience in a professional environment. The positions are full time (40 hours per week) and students are hired to help in a variety of departments within the PUD. The Hydro Maintenance Student Trainee position is full time (40 hours per week) and will report to the Hydro Maintenance Supervisor.
- Observe electrical, mechanical, technician, and operation crews as they perform daily maintenance, operation and repair projects on hydro-generation and other plant equipment.
- Document processes by taking pictures of work performed, uploading photos to Wells Maintenance Tracking (WMT), and categorizing appropriately.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to document work processes and load into WMT.
- Work respectfully and cooperatively with diverse groups of people and maintain professional interactions at all times in the workplace.
- Follow District policies and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants must have:
- A high school diploma or GED, and completing at least one year of postsecondary education at an accredited trade school, college, or university.
- Educational focus in Industrial Technology, Engineering, or closely related field
- Fundamental computer skills, understanding and experience with Microsoft products (Windows, Office)
- Professional work attitude, ability and ethic
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and develop solutions for problems as they occur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical capability to work in various environments associated with work departments
- A valid Washington State driver license and proof of acceptable driving record
- All successful candidates are required to complete a criminal history background screening and a post offer, pre-employment screening that is consistent with federal law regarding marijuana.
Please include the following information in your cover letter:
- What college or vocational school you will be attending in the fall and your anticipated major;
- What your career goals are and;
- The reasons you are interested in working for Douglas County PUD.